Friday, October 14, 2011

24 Weeks

How Far Along: 24 weeks

Size of Babies: 1.5 lbs each and around 12 inches long

Weight Gain: 40 lbs

Belly:  Still growing. I'm able to SEE the babies move now. One minute one side of my belly looks huge and the other side is almost flat, and it will change all of a sudden.  So freaky!

Sleep: I got the okay from my doctor that Benadryl is completely safe, so I'm sleeping a little better with a little help.

Milestones: The girls have reached the point of viability now!!!  I know we still have a long way to go, but I feel so relieved.

Movement:  I get so tickled whenever the nurses find the heartbeats with a Doppler or I have an ultrasound.  The babies are always moving like crazy, and no one can believe it.  Of course, I believe it because I feel them ALL the time. 

Symptoms:  Acid reflux and the nausea is back.  It's not nearly as bad as it was during the first trimester, but it's still annoying.  I seem to have developed a severe case of motion sickness.  I get carsick when I'm driving!!

Food Cravings: Still no specific cravings.

Gender: 2 girls!  We found out on August 18, 2011.

Names: Alexis (Lexi) Louise & Olivia (Livy) Ann

What I'm Looking Forward to: Ultrasound this week and my first cervix check.  I know that everything is fine, but it will be nice to get confirmation.

Dr updates: 24 week appointment this week.  Doctor said I should start thinking about cutting back on my hours at work.  I mentioned it to my boss, and he said he would work with me.  So relieved!  Perinatologist appointment this week and then my glucose tolerance test the following week during my 26 week appointment.  I can't believe I'm up to appointments 3 weeks out of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment